Sustainable bags are an excellent way to preserve resources and the environment. While they are designed to last and serve you for years, the bags require timely upkeep to stay clean and function at their best. Dirty bags, anyway, look unsightly and invite mold, bacteria, and mildew. In today’s blog, we go through how to properly clean Terra Thread’s canvas backpacks, totes and other bags so that they can continue to be useful and fashionable for many years to come. Follow these few basic steps to keep your bags clean and sparkling!
- Preparation Tips
There are some essential procedures to follow before beginning the real cleaning process. Here are some pre-cleaning tips for Terra Thread bags.
- Empty the bag. Clean out any paper, crumbs, or other debris that may have gathered at the bottom.
- Look inside your bag for any tears, frayed threads, or other damage. Fix them (if any), as cleaning without mending the damage may only worsen it.
- Watch out for visible stains and spot-clean them with a soft damp cloth and dry it. This will make the remaining cleaning simpler and easier.
- The Cleaning Process
Hand Washing Terra Thread Canvas Bags: Hand Washing allows effective cleaning as it is a manual process where you can treat the bags gently and meticulously.
- Fill a sink or bowl, large enough to fit the bag, with cold water.
- Take out the cleaning agent/ laundry detergent and add a small amount to the sink.
- Stir the water to produce a soapy concoction.
- Submerge the bag, or part of the bag that needs cleaning, in the solution.
- Gently scrub the fabric using your hands or a soft brush.
- Pay close attention to particularly soiled places but refrain from being overly rough as it can harm the fibers.
- Continue with gentle scrubbing until the dirt or stain has been removed.
- After cleaning, rinse your bag with cold, clean water.
- Gently squeeze excess water from the fabric without twisting or stretching it.
- Hang it in a place that is well-ventilated for 24 hours to fully air-dry your backpack.
- Do not dry clean.
Machine Washing Terra Thread Canvas Bags: Terra Thread products are better off with Hand Washing. But if you still decide on machine washing, the following steps should help you clean your bags safely.
- Flip your bag inside out and put it in a wash bag to prevent any damage throughout the washing process. Use a pillowcase in case there is no wash bag.
- Use a gentle cycle with cold water and a small amount of mild detergent. Avoid the use of bleach or fabric softeners as they can harm the fabric.
- Once the washing and rinsing are completed, take the bag out of the laundry bag.
- Hang the bag somewhere with good ventilation for 24 hours to fully air dry. Give it shape adjustments, if needed.
- Do not dry clean or tumble dry the bag to avoid shrinkage and loss of shape. If you must, use a low setting in the dryer.
Terra Thread Product-Specific Care Pointers
Tote Bags/ Mesh Bags/ Gym Bags/ Backpacks / Makeup Bags/ Pencil Cases
- Spot clean with a soft damp cloth and dry it
- Machine wash separately in cold water
- Line dry or use a low setting in the dryer
- Do not use bleach.
- Do not dry clean
- Spot clean with a soft damp cloth and dry it.
Reusable sustainable bags are a crucial component of living an environmentally conscious way of life. With some routine upkeep and maintenance, you can enjoy the versatile benefits of sustainable bags without harming the environment. Use the above simple steps to keep your eco-friendly Terra Thread bags in excellent condition and to make sure they serve you for many years!