5 Ways to Use Your Terra Thread Backpack
A day out is never complete without a bag with you to carry your essentials. And if you have more things to carry on your way out, you know the solution– backpacks.
Backpacks are lightweight, convenient, and spacious enough to carry a variety of things from laptops, water bottles, lunch boxes, etc. They also come in various sizes, colors, and designs. And you can carry them anywhere for any activity. In today's blog, we will be sharing five ways you can use Terra Thread's sustainable backpacks. But first, let's quickly recap its history, then get to that.
A Brief History of Backpacks—
The first-ever use of a backpack was traced back to the Copper Age. The mummy of an early man, named Otzi the iceman, was discovered by a group of hikers at Val Senales Valley in Italy in September of 1991. But before this discovery, 'Bindle' was created in 1870 from sticks and canvas clothes. It was used during the American war by soldiers but proved to be more of a burden. Then fast forward to 1877, Henry Miriam developed a 'knapsack' for the U.S. Military. His design was very similar to the current style of backpacks we see everywhere— two straps for the arms and the body made out of a metal sheet. From then on, backpacks began to develop in design and material-wise too.
Related Blog: When Were Backpacks Invented?
Nowadays backpacks are generally made from materials like nylon, polyesters, polypropylene, etc. These materials do contribute to the lightweight feature of a backpack, but they have plastic properties. And, anything relatively plastic is never good for the environment. As part of the sustainability movement, you want to be conscious about the backpacks you use. Terra Thread's eco-friendly backpacks are manufactured using rain-fed organic cotton. Our backpacks are ethically and sustainably produced for high-quality and excellent durability.
That said, here are five ways you can use your Terra Thread backpack:
Let's dive into them:
- School: This is the most common purpose that backpacks are used for. And of course, right so because backpacks can easily carry school essentials like books, water bottles, etc. You can even customize your backpack with badges and other accessories for a unique touch.
- Work: Terra Thread backpacks have minimalistic, stylish designs that come in vibrant colors. There's a laptop compartment, main pocket, and an outer pocket, allowing a convenient medium to carry daily office essentials.
- Shopping: When you're out shopping, your backpack is the perfect companion for you. Your backpack can hold your items, and you can also shop easier without the burden of hands-full.
- Travel: Backpacks are, hands down, the ideal compadre when traveling. It keeps your essentials safe and offers easy accessibility. The soft padded straps also add to the comfort of carrying your backpack during long hours of travel.
- Everyday: Finally, and most importantly, backpacks are a classic hit for everyday use. Our sustainable backpacks are durable and ergonomically designed to provide excellent daily use. Take it to university, work, shopping, office, day-out, etc., so long as you take good care of them, they will serve you for decades, if not a lifetime.
Here are some more ways you can use your Terra Thread backpack—
- Sleepovers: If you're going over to a friend's house for a sleepover, a bag is the first thing you need to carry the things you will need for the night. So why not make use of canvas backpacks? The compartments in the backpack can help you organize your things like clothes, toiletries, chargers, etc.
- Trekking: Backpacks are also a good companion during treks. You can pack your snacks, water bottles, cameras, and other essentials for the long trek you've planned.
- Picnics: If you've planned to go on a picnic, arrange your cutleries, food wraps, containers, and picnic cloth in the compartments of your backpack.
Features Of A Great Backpack
Below, we've listed some of Terra Thread's backpack features to help you know what to look for when shopping for a sustainable backpack.
- Lightweight: The weight of the backpack matters as heavy ones will only add to the weight of the items you're carrying. Terra Thread bags are made of organic cotton, making them lightweight BUT durable and easy to carry around. Our backpacks are designed to facilitate greater agility, empowering you with a more comfortable commute during your errands throughout the day.
- Storage: A bag with multiple compartments allows better organizing. It also removes the hassle of digging through your items to find that one thing you're looking for. Terra Thread backpacks come with a laptop compartment that can accommodate 13-15 inches laptops, a large front pocket with a zipper for carrying main essentials, an inside hanging pocket for storing accessories, and two side pockets for water bottles.
- Long-Lasting: Backpacks help you carry ample about of products, including books, clothes, and other necessities, making durability a crucial aspect. And, the material and build are what contribute to its strength and resilience. Terra Thread uses heavy-duty 14oz organic cotton for heavy-duty performance. You can enjoy the benefits of great quality and durability whether it's for shopping, work, school, or even flying across countries.
Terra Thread is committed to sustainability as a conscious brand— we provide performance, aesthetics, and durability. All of our products are made with fairtrade organic cotton and manufactured in fairtrade certified factories.